European Rust Belts. West-East Comparisons – and Beyond
International Conference, Regensburg, 7-8 May 2020
Call for Papers
Deadline for submissions: 15 August 2019
Freie Stellen Text
Gastwiss. Programm Text
As the central institution for East and Southeast European studies, the IOS maintains a wide range of electronic resources to support research:
- Research data are provided on the IOS data repository LaMBDa.
- Specialized academic information is given on ViFaOst, a portal offered by the Bavarian State Library, the Department for East and South East European History (University of Munich), the Herder-Institut and the Goettingen State and University Library. The university writings and project index informs about projects in the field of Eastern European history.
- Systematic information on important aspects of economic and social models in (Eastern) European countries is provided by the IOS database.
- One has access to digitized full texts on OstDok. Moreover, the IOS has digitized historical travelogues for Europeana Travel, German-language periodicals from Eastern Europe on DiFMOE and literature on foreigners in the Russian Empire.
- One can search, georeference and download maps printed in books and journals on GeoPortOst.
- The IOS provides biographic data on foreigners in pre-revolutionary Russia (Amburger database) and on the history of Southeast Europe (BioLexSOE online).
- Bibliographic data on articles are searchable on IREON gateway and the Essays and articles database Eastern Europe.
- Sources on religious denomination networks of Germans in Russia 1922-1941 are edited electronically on KonNetz.