12th Joint IOS/APB/EACES Summer Academy on Central and Eastern Europe 2020.
Call for papers
Submission deadline: April 30, 2020.
Dates: July 6–8, 2020
Location: Akademie für Politische Bildung Tutzing on Lake Starnberg near Munich
Forschungslabor: „Geschichte und Sozialanthropologie Südost‐ und Osteuropas“
Zeit: Donnerstag, 14–16 Uhr (Lehrstuhl) oder 16–18 Uhr (Graduiertenschule und Leibniz-WissenschaftsCampus)
Ort: WiOS, Landshuter Str. 4 (Raum 017)
Introduction to Research
1. Search for Monographs (Books)
a. Search for specific titles
- in the OPAC (Regensburg Catalog)
b. Subject-related search (books on certain subjects, persons, etc.)
- in the OPAC in the search category ‟keyword"
- in the keyword card catalog of the East Europe collection: search for countries, regions, locations, subjects, persons
- in the subject catalog of the Southeast Europe collection: search for countries, areas and persons, and transregionally for specific themes
- in specialist databases (contain collections of many library catalogs):
Virtual Library Eastern Europe click ‟Detail search”, select category ‟Subject (Heading)”
IREON – The International Relations and Area Studies Gateway
Regional and subject-related search in nine languages (German, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish, Czech, Croatian)
Search for full texts (PDF etc.) is also possible
2. Search for Journal Titles
- in the OPAC of the Journal Database (ZDB-OPAC): enter the title of the journal to be searched, and the libraries possessing that journal will be displayed according to federal states and cities
- by clicking on the selected library, the inventory data (giving the journal’s shelf number + available issues by year) will be displayed
3. Search for Essays from Journals and Edited Volumes
- in the Virtual Library Eastern Europe: go to ‟Detail search", and, under ‟Databases", select ‟Essays and articles database Eastern Europe". This database contains essays from academic journals and edited volumes on the history, politics and economy of East Europe. Around 90 % of these journals are available in the IOS library.
- in the keyword card catalog of the East Europe collection (green Cards)
- at IREON: regional and subject-related search in nine languages (German, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Polish, Czech, Croatian)
Search is also possible for full texts only
Search can be broken down into essays, periodicals, books/papers, treaties and other literature
- in the Electronic Journals Library (EZB): full texts of journal articles, freely accessible in part; alphabetical search by subject possible