8th Annual Conference of the Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS).
Date: 23 and 24 September
Time: For details see the program
Location: Online via Zoom (Meeting-ID: 884 439 7929, Kenncode: 337230) / Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS), Landshuter Str. 4 (Raum 319).
Guests are welcome to join us online – link to be announced.
Call for papers: State Descriptions Revisited: Historical Forms of Territorial Representations, 18-21th centuries
Organizers: Borbála Zsuzsanna Török (Centre for Global Cooperation Research, University Duisburg-Essen) and Guido Hausmann (IOS Regensburg).
Dates: 20-21 January 2022
Location: Leibniz Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS), Regensburg, Germany
Call for papers
Submission deadline: 30 September 2021
|Besuchen Sie uns auf Facebook!|
|Folgen Sie uns auf Twitter!|
|ostBLOG: Ost- und Südosteuropa im Fokus der Wissenschaft|
The quarterly Comparative Southeast European Studies (COMPSEES) evolved into its new format from that of its predecessor Südosteuropa. Journal of Politics and Society. From 2021 onwards, it is published both digitally, in Open Access and in print, thereby becoming more easily accessible and even more visible internationally, not least in Southeastern Europe itself. Before long, a digital repository of Südosteuropa will be available to everyone.
Comparative Southeast European Studies continues to be a forum for scholars in Political Science, Sociology, Contemporary History, Anthropology, Economics, International Relations, Law Studies, Gender Studies, Media Studies, Cultural Studies, and related disciplines. Taking a comparative and broad multidisciplinary perspective it explores critical processes and societal issues related to the area bounded by the eastern Adriatic, the eastern Mediterranean, and the Black Sea. We use two formats to showcase research. There are peer-reviewed research articles and a shorter format open to other text genres, which are presented under headings such as ‘Commentary’, ‘Interview’, ‘Background’, ‘Policy Analysis’, ‘Film in Focus’, ‘Debate’, ‘Spotlight’, ‘Book Symposium’, ‘The Making of...’, for example. This is a flexible section allowing us to address more immediately pertinent political, social, cultural, and academic matters. In addition, the Journal also features a book review section.
We welcome both single manuscript submissions and proposals for guest-edited thematic sections. We look forward to working with you.
Editors: Sabine Rutar (Editor-in-Chief, Regensburg), Wim van Meurs (Nijmegen), Ger Duijzings (Regensburg).
Contact the Editorial Office: compsees(at)ios-regensburg.de
Please submit manuscripts exclusively online at: https://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/compsees
Issues 2015 - 2020:
- 68 (2020), no 4
- 68 (2020), no 3: Changes in Social Relations in Serbia, 2000-2020
- 68 (2020), no 2: Volunteering and Voluntary Associations in the Post-Yugoslav States
- 68 (2020), no 1
- 67 (2019), no 4
- 67 (2019), no 3: Borders and Administrative Legacies
- 67 (2019), no 2: Social Policies, Demographic Patterns and Inclusion Strategies
- 67 (2019), no 1
- 66 (2018), no 4
- 66 (2018), no 3: Corruption in Southeastern Europe and Latin America
- 66 (2018), no 2: Montenegro. Capitalist Transformation at the European Periphery
- 66 (2018), no 1: Urban Ethnography
- 65 (2017), no 4
- 65 (2017), no 3: Household Strategies in the Period of Economic Crisis
- 65 (2017), no 2: The Second World War in Historiography and Public Debate
- 65 (2017), no 1: Changes in the Narratives of Europeanization
- 64 (2016), no 4: Memories and Narratives of the 1999 NATO Bombing in Serbia
- 64 (2016), no 3: Living after the Fall. Contingent Biographies in Postsocialist Space
- 64 (2016), no 2: History's Debris.The Many Pasts in the Post-1989 Presents
- 64 (2016), no 1: Migration. Values, Networks, Wellbeing
- 63 (2015), no 4: New Economic Elites in Serbia
- 63 (2015), no 3: Environmentalism and Green Parties
- 63 (2015), no. 2: Hungary’s Path Toward an Illiberal System
- 63 (2015), no. 1: The Romanian Political System after 1989